Q. How do I renew Library books?
- Non-reserve items can be renewed online from the UC Library Search at: https://search.library.ucla.edu
- Click on "My Library Account" on the top right side of the page.
- UCLA Users can log in with their UCLA Logon.
- Click on your name and then from the drop-down menu click on "My Loans" for a summary of the materials checked out to you.
- You can click the Renew button next to specific items or click Renew All at the top of the list.
- You will get confirmation messages about your renewals indicating that the book has been renewed, or that it wasn't renewed*, or that it is already at the maximum due date.
- For users with limited renewals (see list below), subsequent renewals must done in person at the Circulation Desk.
- Renewals for Law Library materials can also be done over the phone: (310) 825-3960
- Reserve items must be renewed in person at the Circulation Desk.
- Items that have been recalled may not be renewed.
- Renewal allowances vary based on user privileges:
- UCLA students, faculty and staff: unlimited
- Visiting Graduate Researcher: 1
- External 5 card: 1
- External 10 card: 5
- External 20 card: unlimited
- External 200 card: unlimited
- Extension and Paralegal students: unlimited
- Access Only card: 0
*Reasons for renewals being denied include: your account expires before the new due date, you're at maximum renewals, or if the book has been recalled.
If you are contacting the Library after hours, please try searching above for a quicker response. If you need research help, our LibGuides may be able to assist you. Please note: This system is intended for the exclusive use of current UCLA Law Students. If submitting a question below, you may be asked to verify your student status.