How do I update my profile in MyLaw?


There are two places to update your profile information:


Student Profiles Updates Form

The following fields must be updated through the Profile app at

  • Home Town
  • Undergraduate Institution
  • Undergraduate Major
  • Graduate Institution
  • Graduate Major / Area of Study (displays as area of study in MyLaw)

The Profile form also allows you to indicate whether the profile should be visible to other students (by default it shows only to Staff and Faculty).

  • NOTE: if you do NOT fill out the form, your profile is defaulted not to display to other students.

This page also provides links to change your preferred name and legal name with the campus (which cannot be done using this form).


Detailed Profile in MyLaw

Additional fields are available to students within MyLaw by clicking on "Manage Profile" from the MyLaw home page:


From there, you can update your gender pronouns and everything from Twitter handle down:



  • Last Updated Sep 26, 2023
  • Views 20
  • Answered By

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0

Contact Us

If you are contacting the Library after hours, please try searching above for a quicker response. If you need research help, our LibGuides may be able to assist you.  Please note: This system is intended for the exclusive use of current UCLA Law Students. If submitting a question below, you may be asked to verify your student status.